The Arizona Department of Health Services confirms one new case of measles, bringing the total to 20 cases. The new case is associated with the private detention facility in Eloy.
The breakdown of total cases is as follows:
- Pinal County, 19 cases
- Maricopa County, 1 case
Potential Exposure Areas:
Public health has identified the following potential exposure sites:
Saturday, June, 18
- Earnhardt Toyota Scion, 6136 E Auto Loop Ave, Mesa, AZ 85206, from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- American Furniture Warehouse, 4700 S Power Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85296, from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Sunday, June, 19
- Boston’s, 804 N Cacheris Court, Casa Grande, AZ 85122, from 12 to 3:30 p.m.
- Walmart, 1741 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ 85122, from 1 to 4:30 p.m.
- Sam's Club, 2425 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ 85194, from 2 to 6 p.m.
Previously identified exposure sites are listed at StopTheSpreadAZ.org.
What to do if you think you have measles:
If you have a healthcare provider, contact him/her by phone and let them know that you may have been exposed to measles. They will let you know when to visit their office so as not to expose others in the waiting area.
If you do not have a health care provider, you may need to be seen at your local hospital emergency room or urgent care center. Please call before going to let them know you may have measles. For more information on measles’ signs and symptoms or where you may find vaccine, please check with your healthcare provider or your county health department.
Medical questions should be directed to your health care provider.
For outbreak-related questions, community members may call 602-839-2275.
Visit StopTheSpreadAZ.org to learn more about measles outbreak investigation news and updates.