The Baker Canyon Fire is 90 percent contained and the Type 3 Incident Management Team will transfer direct management of the incident to the BLM Gila District today. The incident has begun demobilization of resources. Two Type 6 engines will remain on scene to monitor and patrol the perimeter.
Baker Canyon Fire summary:
- Start date: March 21 at approx. 5 a.m.
- Location: approximately 28 mi NE of Douglas, Ariz., W of the Arizona/New Mexico border.
- Size: 7,980 acres
- Containment: 90%
- Cause: Under investigation
- Fuel type(s): Grass and brush
- Personnel: 30
- Resources include: 2 - Engines