As a result of the Bush Fire, the US Forest Service, Gila County Sheriff’s Office, and Gila County Emergency Management has recommended that the following areas be placed on a “GO” mode on the Ready, Set, Go model:
- Jakes Corner
- Slate Creek
- Pioneer Pass
GO – Be Alert
- Danger in your area is imminent and life threatening.
- Residents should evacuate immediately to a shelter or with family/friends outside of the affected area. Residents should avoid close contact with those who are sick and should practice public health recommendations when relocating to minimize risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- If you choose to ignore this advisement, you must understand emergency services may not be able to assist you further.
- Follow instructions from emergency personnel, stay on designated evacuation routes and avoid closed areas.
- EDIT: The Bush Fire Payson Red Cross Shelter has been relocated to the Payson Senior Center 514 W. Main St., Payson, AZ 85541. An earlier version of this release said the evacauation center was the Payson Police Department
The Town of Payson has set-up an evacuation area for larger animals at the Payson Rodeo Grounds (S. Green Valley Pkwy, Payson, AZ 85541).
The Gila County Emergency Operations call center is available for any questions or concerns at (928) 402-8888.
Tonto Basin and Punkin Center remain under evacuation. 76 Ranch, BT Ranch, Deer Creek, Gisela, and Rye are still in the SET mode.
Although these communities are not immediately threatened, the SET notification is simply a preparatory measure. For more information go to https://ein.az.gov/ready-set-go
To receive emergency notifications from Gila County please sign up for Everbridge at www.gilaready.com.