National Weather Service has extended an Excessive Heat Warning for:
- Graham and Greenlee Counties from 8/14/19 10 AM to 8/15/19 8 PM
- *Gila, La Paz, Maricopa, Pinal, and Yuma Counties from 8/13/19 10 AM to 8/16/19 8 PM
- Mohave County from 8/14/19 8 AM to 8/16/19 8 PM
- *Pima County from 8/14/19 10 AM to 8/16/19 8 PM
Daytime highs are expected to be in the 104 - 119 degrees Fahrenheit range. Residents are advised to stay cool, stay hydrated, and stay informed.
Precautions to prevent heat exhaustion or heat stroke:
- Stay in air-conditioned buildings.
- Limit outdoor activity during the hottest part of the day (mid-day).
- Check on at-risk friends, family, and neighbors at least twice a day.
- Drink water before, during, and after working or exercising outside.
- Check the UV Index.
- Click here to learn more about today's heat risk map.
For additional information, please visit our Heat Safety Site which details ways to stay cool, stay hydrated, and stay informed.