The National Weather Service has issued an Excessive Heat Warning for :
- Gila, La Paz, Maricopa, Pinal, and Yuma Counties from 8/13/19 from 10 AM to 8/15/19 8 PM
- Graham, Greenlee, and Pima Counties from 8/14/19 from 10 AM to 8/15/19 8 PM
Daytime highs are expected to be in the 104 to 118 F degree range. Residents are advised to stay cool, stay hydrated, and stay informed.
Precautions to prevent heat exhaustion or heat stroke:
- Stay in air-conditioned buildings.
- Limit outdoor activity during the hottest part of the day (mid-day).
- Check on at-risk friends, family, and neighbors at least twice a day.
- Drink water before, during, and after working or exercising outside.
- Check the UV Index.