Fires have closed State Route 277 between State Route 377 and Heber, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Additionally, State Route 377 northbound has reopened for evacuations between Heber-Overgaard to Holbrook, but southbound lanes remain closed.
There are two new closures on State Route 260: Westbound lanes are closed at milepost 322 and eastbound lanes are closed at milepost 292.
All of these closures are caused by wildfires.
This is a very fluid situation and closures keep shifting. There is no estimated time for reopening. Motorists are advised to delay travel or to seek alternate routes.
NEW CLOSURES TODAY:
- SR 260 westbound, closed at milepost 322.
- SR 377 southbound, from Holbrook to Heber, between mileposts 0 and 38.
- SR 277 southbound, from SR 377 to Heber.
- SR 260 eastbound, closed at milepost 292.
- State Route 87, closed from Payson to Lake Mary Road, between mileposts 255 and 290.
- State Route 77, closed from Globe to Winkelman, between mileposts 135 and to 254.
- US 191 south of Alpine, closed between mileposts 195 and 225.
- SR 260, closed in both directions from Camp Verde to SR 87, between mileposts 228 and 252.
Real-time highway conditions are available on ADOT’s Arizona Traveler Information site at az511.gov, by calling 511, downloading the AZ 511 app and through ADOT’s Twitter feed, @ArizonaDOT. When a freeway closure or other major traffic event occurs, our free app available at ADOTAlerts.com will send critical information directly to app users in affected areas – where possible, in advance of alternate routes.