Effective Friday, April 13, 2018 beginning at 7:00 AM, modified Stage Two Fire Restrictions will be in effect on the Fort Apache Indian Reservation.
The following will be prohibited until further notice to reduce the threat of wildfires on the Fort Apache Indian Reservation:
1. Building, maintaining, attending or using fire, campfire or charcoal-burning device is PROHIBITED during the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; except for fires that are related to traditional ceremonies, religious events, wakes, and residential/tailgate cooking fires. On Red Flag days, campfires will not be allowed during designated times of red flag conditions.
2. Propane campfire or fire pit devices are prohibited from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
3. Debris burning is prohibited until further notice.
4. Smoking will only be allowed within an enclosed vehicle or building.
5. Fireworks are always prohibited on the Fort Apache Indian Reservation.
6. All motorized travel shall be restricted to developed roads.
7. Welding or operating an acetylene or other torch with open flame in forest and woodland areas is prohibited.
These restrictions will remain in place until rescinded. For additional information, visit us on facebook at, https://www.facebook.com/BIAFAAFireMgt/. BIA Fort Apache Agency appreciates your cooperation in protecting the White Mountain Apache lands. Remember only you can prevent wildfires!