The following neighborhoods have been identified in the Set Stage (pre-evacuation): Mt. Elden Lookout Estates, north and west of Hwy 89 and Silver Saddle, Hutcheson Acres, McCann Estates all of Timberline communities including, Black Bill Park, Wupatki Trails and Pine Mountain Estates.
During the Set notification (pre-evacuation), residents are asked to pack any emergency items, have resources to sustain for 72-hours, know how to receive and stay aware of the latest news and information on the fire from local media and community resources.
Coconino Sheriff’s Office and Arizona Game and Fish are stationed in the neighborhoods ready to assist with pre-evacuation notices. Residents can also evacuate on their own prior to an official evacuation order.
If evacuations occur, the American Red Cross has set-up a shelter at Sinagua Middle School, 3950 E Butler Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86004.
All areas, including the upper eastside neighborhoods of Flagstaff, including Cedar Hills, Shadow Mountain, Christmas Tree, Skyline, Swiss Manor and Upper Greenlaw should be in the “Ready” stage or “prepare now.”
- Be aware of the hazards that can threaten your community.
- Register with your county/tribal emergency notification system.
- Connect with your Emergency Management/Sheriff’s Office on social media.
- Take steps now to prepare for seasonal threats.
- Make a family evacuation and communication plan that includes family phone numbers, out-of-town contacts and family meeting locations.
- Build an emergency go kit with enough food, water and necessary supplies for at least 72 hours. Start with the five P’s; people and pet supplies, prescriptions, papers, personal needs and priceless items.
- Check with your neighbors, family, friends and elders to ensure they are ready.
- Keep up to date on local news, weather watches and warnings.
A call center (928.213.2990) has been activated for people with questions. People are also encouraged to sign-up for emergency notifications for evacuation and other notices at coconino.az.gov/ready.