The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality has issued a PM-10 High Pollution Advisory for Thursday, June 23.
Children, the elderly, and people with heart and/ or lung disease should reduce prolonged or heavy outdoor exertion.
- Wood burning in residential fireplaces, chimeneas, outdoor fire pits and similar outdoor fires is prohibited. This includes individuals and businesses which have burn permits for open burning.
- Employees and contractors of government entities are prohibited from operating leaf blowers. Residents are encouraged to avoid leaf blowing during the HPA.
- Off-road vehicles are prohibited from being used during the HPA.
- Avoid activities that generate dust, such as driving on dirt roads.
- Stabilize loose soils.
- Eliminate fireplace and wood stove use.
- Avoid using leaf blowers. Use a rake or broom to keep debris out of the road and away from storm drains, ditches, and streams.
- Use electric lawn and garden equipment. Check if you are eligible to receive up to $200 to replace gasoline powered lawn equipment by visiting CleanAirMakeMore.com/lawn.
- Drive as little as possible: carpool, use public transit, or telecommute. For information on transportation alternatives, visit Valley Metro: www.ShareTheRide.com