The Arizona Department of Health Services is confirming one new case of measles, bringing the total to 17 cases. The new case is associated with the private detention facility in Eloy and does not currently pose a risk to the public. The breakdown of total cases is as follows:
- Pinal County, 16 cases
- Maricopa County, 1 case
Potential Exposure Areas:
Sunday, June 5, 2016:
- Sparkle Auto Spa, 1635 E Florence Blvd Casa Grande, AZ 85122, from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wendy’s, 1127 E Florence Blvd Casa Grande, AZ 85122, from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Walmart Supercenter, 1741 E Florence Blvd Casa Grande, AZ 85122, from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- AutoZone, 1070 N Arizona Blvd Coolidge, AZ 85128, from 6 to 9:30 p.m.
Tuesday, June 7, 2016:
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car, 1140 N Gilbert Rd #111 Gilbert, AZ 85234, from 1:30 and 4:30 p.m.
- Body Pro’s Collision, 1508 W Scott Ave Gilbert, AZ 85233, from 1:30 and 5:00 p.m.
What to do if you think you have measles:
If you have a healthcare provider, contact him/her by phone and let them know that you may have been exposed to measles. They will let you know when to visit their office so as not to expose others in the waiting area.
If you do not have a health care provider, you may need to be seen at your local hospital emergency room or urgent care center. Please call before going to let them know you may have measles. For more information on measles’ signs and symptoms or where you may find vaccine, please check with your healthcare provider or your county health department.
Public Contact and Medical Questions:
Medical questions should be directed to your health care provider. For outbreak-related questions, community members may call 602-839-2275.