The Brown Fire is burning in Garden Canyon on the north side of the Huachuca Mountains on the Sierra Vista Ranger District Coronado National Forest. It is human-caused under investigation and burning in a remote location.
The current size is approximately 96 acres with 0% containment. The fire is burning at the upper elevations in brush and timber. No structures are threatened at this time.
Resources assigned include:
- 1 hotshot crew on scene (4 additional hotshot crews enroute)
- Coronado NF crew 5 short crew
- 2 Single Engine Air Tankers (SEATs)
- 2 P2V air tankers
- 1 Very Large Air Tanker (VLAT)
- 3 Type 2 and 3 helicopters ( one Type 1 helicopter enroute)
- Miscellaneous fire engines (crews supporting suppression efforts)
- Miscellaneous overhead
Division Supervisors and Crew Supervisors are assessing the fire to determine a strategy.