Location: 10 Miles East of Elfrida, AZ and west of Lesile Canyon Road.
Start Date: June 27, 2017
Cause: Undetermined Size: est. 1600 acres
Vegetation: Grass and brush.
Resources Assigned 130 persons: 5 crews, 4 engines, 2 Tenders and Misc. Overhead
Incident Commander: Transition with Ricky Cox Gila/Las Cruces Type 3 Incident Management Team @ 7A.M
Summary: The Swisshelms fire started 3 miles northwest of the Saddle Fire on private land. The Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management, with the assistance of federal agencies as well as local cooperators, are working to suppress the fire.
Fire Restrictions: beginning June 26, 2017, at 8:00 AM Stage 2 fire restrictions are in effect in for Cochise, Greenlee, Graham, Pima, Pinal, and Santa Cruz, counties
The FIRE RESTRICTIONS ORDER will apply to all state-owned and state-managed lands:
- All State Trust lands outside incorporated municipalities.
- All Game and Fish Commission Wildlife Areas and Department properties outside incorporated municipalities.
- All State Parks outside incorporated municipalities (State Parks will remain open with campfires allowed in developed campgrounds).
- All Department of Transportation highway right-of-way property outside incorporated municipalities not owned by Federal land management agencies.
The restrictions are as follows:
- No campfires. Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal fire, or wood stove, including in developed campgrounds or improved sites is prohibited.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
- No chainsaw use from 9am – 8pm.
- Discharging a firearm, air rifle or gun gas, unless while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to state, federal, or tribal laws and regulations is prohibited.
- Fireworks or another incendiary device are prohibited.
- Mechanical and industrial prohibitions include, operating any internal combustion engine, welding or operating acetylene or other torch with an open flame, and using an explosive.