Woodbury Fire containment is holding steady at 80 percent. Firefighters are patrolling the fire perimeter and suppressing any hot spots that challenge the containment line. Smoke may be seen due to pockets of vegetation burning within the fire perimeter.
Tortilla Flat businesses are still open. State Route 88 is closed from Tortilla Flat to State Highway 188 at Theodore Roosevelt Dam. Apache Lake, Apache Campgrounds, picnic sites and trailheads will remain closed until SR 88 is reopened. This closure is expected to be a long term closure beyond the 4th of July holiday. The closure will remain in place as long as firefighters remain in the area and until the Forest Service and Arizona Department of Transportation evaluate and address all safety concerns along SR 88. For the purposes of public safety, the forest closure encompasses more than just the fire perimeter. The perimeter of the closure area starts at the forest boundary north of Apache Junction on SR 88 which makes the northern boundary of the closure area, east and south of SR 88 to Roosevelt Dam at State Highway 188 following forest boundary north of Highway 60 [see attached map]. Any violation of this closure is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for individuals or $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment for not more than six (6) months, or both.
The Burned Area Emergency Response (BAER) team has been assessing public lands that have been impacted by the fire. After a fire moves across a landscape, there is a threat of an increased level of invasive plant populations. On the Woodbury Fire, the invasive plants anticipated to have impact are Buffelgrass, Fountain Grass, Morning Star Thistle and tree-of-heaven. For more information on BAER team activities, visit: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6405/.
Firefighters continue to use Dr. Bejarano Elementary School and Lee Kornegay Intermediate School as the Incident Command, and parking will not be allowed in those areas for the local 4th of July festivities.
- Tonto National Forest is in Stage 1 Fire Restrictions and fireworks are not allowed on public lands at any time.
- Tonto National Forest Fire Area Closure: https://bit.ly/31O2Ih4
- Tonto National Monument is closed. https://www.nps.gov/tont/index.htm
- For current Arizona Department of Transportation information visit: https://az511.gov/
- Closed Campsites: Burnt Corral, Crabtree Wash, Davis Wash, Lower Burnt Corral Shoreline Area, Three-Mile Wash, Upper Burnt Corral Shoreline Area.
- Open Lakes: Roosevelt Lake Marina & RV Park, Canyon Lake, Saguaro Lake, Bartlett Lake, Horseshoe Lake and the Lower Salt River.
- Open Campsites: Windy Hill, Grapevine, School House, Frazier, Frazier Group Site and Frazier Horse Camp.
Percent Contained: 80%
Fire Information Line: 505-399-2439 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Email: [email protected]v
Cause: Human-Caused, Under Investigation
Woodbury BAER: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6405