Central West Zone Type Three Incident Management Team will be transferring command back to the Tonto National Forest July 5, 2019 at 6:00 a.m. Firefighting resources will continue staff the Woodbury fire and patrol the containment line. For any updates of the Woodbury fire, visit the Woodbury Inciweb https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6382/.
The Burned Area Emergency Response (BAER) team has completed most of their field data collecting and has begun the process of modeling. The team will complete a Values-At-Risk assessment to determine and prioritize work to protect identified resources. Next week, the team will work to compile an assessment which will be given to Forest Service administration. For continued information on the team, visit: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6405/.
Firefighters are utilizing the Dr. Bejarano Elementary School and Lee Kornegay Intermediate School as the Incident Command Post. As a result, parking will not be allowed in those areas for the Globe/Miami 4th of July festivities at Miami High School. After July 5 the facilities will no longer be occupied as Incident Command Post.
Tortilla Flat businesses are still open. State Route 88 is closed starting from Tortilla Flat to State Highway 188 at Theodore Roosevelt Dam. Apache Lake, Apache Campgrounds, picnic sites and trailheads will remain closed until SR 88 is reopened. This closure is expected to be a long term closure beyond the 4th of July holiday. The closure will remain in place as long as firefighters remain in the area and until Tonto National Forest and Arizona Department of Transportation evaluate and address all safety concerns along SR 88. For the purposes of public safety, the forest closure encompasses more than just the fire perimeter. The perimeter of the closure area starts at the forest boundary north of Apache Junction on SR 88 which makes the northern boundary of the closure area, east and south of SR 88 to Roosevelt Dam at State Highway 188 following forest boundary north of Highway 60. Any violation of this closure is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for individuals or $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment for not more than six (6) months, or both.
Size: 123,875 Percent Contained: 86%
Fire Information Line: 505-399-2439 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Email: [email protected]gov
Cause: Human-Caused, Under Investigation
Woodbury BAER: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6405/
- Tonto National Forest is in Stage 1 Fire Restrictions and fireworks are not allowed on public lands at any time.
- Tonto National Forest Fire Area Closure: https://bit.ly/31O2Ih4
- Tonto National Monument is closed. https://www.nps.gov/tont/index.htm
- For current Arizona Department of Transportation information visit: https://az511.gov/
- Closed Campsites: Burnt Corral, Crabtree Wash, Davis Wash, Lower Burnt Corral Shoreline Area, Three-Mile Wash, Upper Burnt Corral Shoreline Area.
- Open Lakes: Roosevelt Lake Marina & RV Park, Canyon Lake, Saguaro Lake, Bartlett Lake, Horseshoe Lake and the Lower Salt River.
- Open Campsites: Windy Hill, Grapevine, School House, Frazier, Frazier Group Site and Frazier Horse Camp.