The potential for increased wildfire activity still exists throughout the Tinder Fire area, as windy and dry conditions will increase and existing pockets of fuel such as logs and stumps continue to burn within the fire perimeter and some segregated canyon areas.
Coconino National Forest firefighters are responding to a wildfire, the Tinder Fire, in East Clear Creek was spotted today at approximately 11:45 a.m.
Firefighters from the Mogollon Rim Ranger District began fighting a wildfire near Forest Road 95, approximately 1.5 miles east of C.C. Cragin Reservoir, which was burning in approximately 50 acres of standing pine and mixed conifer forest going to the bottom of East Clear Creek.
Coconino National Forest firefighters are responding to a wildfire, Tinder Fire, east of C.C. Cragin Reservoir in East Clear Creek today.
The Tinder Fire started at about 11:45 a.m. has reached approximately 50 acres in size.
Several firefighter crews, the Payson Task Force, an air tanker, an air lead and a Type I helicopter have responded to a more than 50-acre fire on the Mogollon Rim Ranger District, 2 miles east of C.C. Cragin (Blue Ridge) Reservoir burning on forest land.
Victorine prescribed burn project encompassing a total of approximately 2,000 acres starts today, fire managers expect 500 acres to be completed today north of Knoll Lake on the Coconino National Forest’s Mogollon Rim Ranger District.
A prescribed burn project is planned tonight on the Coconino National Forest in the Mogollon Rim Ranger District, approximately seven miles southeast of Mormon Lake.
Weather and ventilation is forecasted tomorrow to transport and disperse smoke toward the northeast, which may impact Winslow.
Prescribed burns are always dependent upon weather and wind conditions, which can differ drastically across the forest. Prescribed burns are also subject to approval from the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality, so this burn could be canceled if conditions are not suitable.
Fire managers are planning a prescribed burn project next week eight miles northeast of Clint Wells, Ariz, likely starting Monday (Nov.14). Weather conditions will dictate when the project is initiated by fire managers.
Because it is dependent upon weather and wind conditions, it could be cancelled if conditions are not suitable.