Easy Chicken Chile Verde with Corn Pancakes
For Corn Pancakes
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp oil (olive or any vegetable oil is fine)
- Additional water as needed
For Chicken Chile Verde
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can cooked chicken breast
- 1 small can green chiles
- 1 small can salsa verde
- Place cornmeal and boiling water in bowl. Stir and let sit for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Preheat well oiled griddle or skillet.
- Add evaporated milk and oil, mix. Add additional water as needed to make a thick batter.
- Spoon batter onto griddle, cook on first side until set, then flip and cook other side.
- Set pancakes aside and prepare Chicken Chile Verde.
- Open and drain pinto beans and chicken.
- Add all ingredients to pan and cook until heated through.
- Serve over corn pancakes.