Peachy Nutty Pancakes
- Just-Add-Water Pancake Mix (as directed for 4 servings)
- ½ c mixed nuts
- 15 oz can peaches in heavy syrup-diced
- ½ c brown sugar
- ⅛ t nutmeg
- ½ t cinnamon
- Drain syrup from peaches into small saucepan, mix in brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon; cook stirring over medium heat until heated through.
- Remove from heat and add diced peaches. Let cool while making pancakes.
- Place nuts in non-stick skillet over medium heat until toasted, stirring frequently being careful not to burn them. Remove from heat and chop nuts.
- In large mixing bowl, combine pancake mix and water as directed on package.
- Add ½ of toasted and chopped nuts to pancake mix (reserve ½ of nuts for topping at serving.)
- Use same non-stick skillet to cook pancakes over medium heat with light non-stick cooking spray if necessary.
- Pour batter into pan and size as desired. When bubbles form and then break, turn pancakes to ensure they are cooked thoroughly and browned.
- For serving top pancakes with syrup and remaining toasted nuts.