Pumpkin, Chocolate Custard
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 8 oz. almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 oz. powdered egg white mix (i.e., powdered whites and water)
- 1.5 oz. cornstarch
- 1 oz. granulated sugar
- 1 oz. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 oz. dark chocolate chips
- Place enough chocolate chips to cover the bottom of a shallow ramekin or gratin dish.
- In a small sauce pan, dissolve sugar (2 oz) and almond milk over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Whip up egg whites with appropriate amount of water (amount based on brand). Whisk to a foam.
- Mix together cornstarch and sugar (1 oz.) together and add to the egg whites.
- Temper the egg white/cornstarch mixture with boiling milk and bring back to a boil. Reduce heat, add pumpkin and stir until incorporated.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and butter until melted. Immediately poor over chocolate chips, sprinkle sugar on top and torch to brulee.